Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Joey's Medical Update


In June Joey went to Children's Hospital to do his yearly tests, measuring his kidney size and amount of reflux. He looked so cute in the little gown I had to snap a picture, even though it wasn't the funnest appt for him. The Drs are so nice and we're happy to live only 10 minutes from this hospital. He always goes away with cool stickers and toys, like his indoor/outdoor sunglasses. Anyway, after finding his right kidney is still quite large, the Dr recommended performing his surgery on Sept 8th to reimplant the tubes that are allowing backflow into the kidneys. It should completely fix the problem if all goes well, allowing him to not require his daily dose of antibiotics.


What gives me comfort is that Joey is young enough that I don't think he'll remember the surgery. That and we will be praying for him and giving him anything to make him comfortable. He is a healthy and very active 3-year-old and I am thankful we have wonderful Drs who can perform these miraculous surgeries that help us. Keep him in your prayers if you could!

6 comments:

jennifer said...

What a little sweetheart he is. We will certainly keep him in our prayers. Give him kisses and hugs from his old nursery leaders!

nicole said...

Yay, I'm so glad you have a blog! It will be great to get to know you better this way! Your little Joey is so cute. I'll be praying for him... and you too. :)

Mamapierce said...

Welcome to the blog world! :o) Your blog is really cute. I hope that Joey will do well in the surgery. Keep us posted!

traceyroxanne said...

Love your running picture!!! What race is that from?? We'll keep Joey in our prayers. Sophie has a mild form of reflux- I know those us and cath xrays are no fun. Hope he gets all better.

Introspective Steph said...

Hi, I got your blog address through the RS email...hope that's allright with you. I'm fairly new to the ward too. My husband and I moved here from Toledo about 2 months ago. If you were at church last Sunday we were the couple that spoke in Sacrament. But, I added your blog to my favorite blog list... my address is http://robandstephputerbaugh.blogspot.com. check it out!

Anonymous said...

I hope things go well. He's such a little trooper. Let us know if we can help out in anyway. I'm glad you have a blog - we get to know even better now!