Sunday, August 31, 2008

Insane for McCain!!!



So who knew John McCain was going to have such a huge, surprising, such talked about convention right here in DAYTON, OHIO??!!! We didn't know how big this was until it happened. First, I have to start from the beginning. Eric had mentioned us going to it and asked if I wanted to go. I hummed and avoided answering, knowing it would require me to get a babysitter and arrange a day to be at a political event I wasn't sure would be worth it. I know, complain complain. Well Eric had flown to Georgia for a conference, and when he came home, he was the most focused person on this Earth to go pick up his tickets before the office closed that day. To me, it was impossible that he would make it, and we thought he missed his chance. Well later that evening he came home with 2 tickets he got from another office. SO, The next day, we hurry out to the convention. Joey went with us (camera got left at home :( we were sitting to the left of the band ) and we got in our seats just after 9am. Well, after an hour of preparations and prespeakers from local offices, we finally get to hear the announcement that John McCain is here. We wait, the band plays a song, and another song, and another. Finally, someone comes up to announce he is stuck in traffic. I laughed thinking it was a joke. No. We waited some more. Well at last, he comes out with his wonderful family and the cheering and flag waving fills the stadium. It was amazing how much we all support him. So I'll cut to the end though where he announces his running mate and vice president choice, Sarah Palin from ALASKA!!! We went crazy! She is so young, and has a baby, and as pointed out by several men we overheard, she is even pretty! I guess that matters quite a bit. :) What a shock, and how fun it was for us to hear her speak to everyone, but that day, in the Nutter Center Stadium, she was speaking to us. What an experience we will never forget. I'll be voting for the first time this year. I'm embaressed to admit that, but oh well, if it makes anyone else feel better because you haven't either, now you know you're not the only one. I see our politicians as regular people, like you and me, who are doing amazing things for our country. Hopefully for the betterment of it though. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see how Gov. Palin will clean house in our nation's capital as VICE PRESIDENT!

7 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Wow - how neat that you were THERE! We thought about going, but didn't. I'm sure it was a neat experience! :o)

Lilola said...

I couldn't get off work but I tried. I really really wanted to be there when he name Mitt Romney as his VP! LOL But Sarah is going to be such an asset to the campaign! This is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sista said...

Great! Wow, I am excited for you!
Palin will be a great asset to McCain's ticket!
Sista!

nicole said...

That's so cool that you got to be there!!! That is something you will remember forever! Great post.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool you got to go to that. Jeremy really wanted to go and take Tyler with him. I'm really excited about Sarah Palin being on the ticket too. I don't known too much about her but what I've heard so far really impresses me.

jennifer said...

How awesome that you got to be there!!!
I'm super impressed by Sarah Palin. Man, does she have the Democrats scared and scrambling. Fun!

Krandma said...

Hey Stacey, you should put a link to your new blog on Ilene's and my blog. I love the pics and the information on Joey. I hope he is doing well and congrats on the addition to the family. I hope all goes well. Love,Krandma