Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can we fit in another Holiday?





























In our house, we know that October marks the beginning of the holiday rush.  Well, actually the birthday rush would be more accurate.  After the 3 October birthdays, we move right into Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.  So we thought, why not try to squeeze all of those in October?  I mean, we're already busy anyway, the house is getting mass cleaned to put on a front that this is what it always looks like, and well Eric is leaving in a few weeks so we thought that was a good-enough reason.  :)  We are trying to think happy thoughts, so we won't go into that right now.
My birthday in September was awesome.  Eric and I went to a Celine Dion concert.  I let the kids do my cake, so Morgan took that task on right away.  I loved my gifts and really can't explain the childish glee I get when I wind up the little clock that reminds me of the days at my Grandma and Grandpa Robinson's house when we were little.  Target sells remakes of old toys that are just the best!  
Katie and Morgan had a party the same day, back to back.  It was fun craziness that felt like 4 hours were condensed into 30 minutes.  I only regret not getting better pictures of the cakes, but you get an idea.  We rented a big bouncy house this year and that was well worth the money.
The next week we moved right on to Christmas.  What a fun morning with just the kids, Eric and I.  While it was a rushed weekend, it was much more simple than the full Christmas.  It was special to really enjoy our time together and soak up as much love from each other as possible.  It's been funny though because we have our tree up.  It's normal to me now but when people come over and see the decorated tree, the look on their face is priceless!  I actually feel a wave of relief that I have a big head start on my Christmas decorations.  Not to mention we have cooked, somewhat eaten, deboned, and froze our leftover Thanksgiving turkey.  This will definitely be a year to remember.
So next post when you see my kids dressed up in Halloween costumes in front of the Christmas tree enjoying Joey's Birthday cake, you'll know why.

7 comments:

nicole said...

What a great idea! I love that you set up your tree so early to celebrate with your hubby. How sweet. I bet you will always remember all the jam-packed celebrations this year, and I bet the kids are just thrilled with the idea. How fun. (By the way, my mouth waters every time I come to your blog and see that yummy fudge!)

Jenn said...

What awesome family memories you are making! You have such a sweet family!

mb said...

Amen! Christmas in October!! I am behind on everyone's news... is eric leaving? i will try to read more on the hardyrange & catch up. you're still in ohio, right? we're living in florida... we are going to have to make a trip up to see you! and if you ever want to come to disneyworld, you have a plce to stay!
love,
malinda

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday!!! :o)

niknfil said...

I finally have a blog! Here is the name. superboal7.blogspot.com
talk to you soon!

jennifer said...

Happy Hallothanksbirthmas!

Anonymous said...

Now that is how to live life! Instead of complaining at what life throws you, take what it throws you and use it as ingredients for great memories!